Release 0.2, Third PR

This week I was contributing to an open source project called Marquez. It is a metadata service for the collection, aggregation, and visualization of a data ecosystem's metadata. It also maintains the provenance of how datasets are consumed and produced, provides global visibility into kob runtime and frequency of dataset access, centralization of dataset lifecycle management, and much more. 

The technologies this project uses are the following:
  • Java 8+
  • PostgreSQL 9.6 
For my third PR I picked an issue some of the classes that are used throughout the code. So I was looking for all occurrences of those replacing them with a new name. After creating a branch and making my changes I made sure that all tests pass locally using ./gradlew test command. Another important thing before pushing my changes and creating a pull request was to check if all .java files are formatted properly. I did that using ./gradlew spotlessJavaCheck command and noticed that a bunch of tests is failing because I forgot to alphabetically sort imports, so I ran ./gradlew spotlessApply in order to fix my mistakes.

My Issue:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fs.rmdir() vs fs.rmdirSync() in Node.js

Release 0.4, Second Blog

Release 0.3, Update 1